DR. DARTS’ NEWSLETTER – LATEST ISSUE AVAILABLE NOW!
DR. DARTS’ NEWSLETTER (DDN)for the month of September (#41) is now available absolutely free to all darts fans and, as usual, contains loads of darts information that you will find nowhere else on the ‘net.
DDN is researched,written and compiled by WINMAU-sponsored Darts Historian and Author, Dr. Patrick Chaplin. With subscribers in more than forty countries across the globe it surely is the thing to do to join this happy darting throng. (For how to subscribe see below)
Issue 41 includes:
- Phill Nixon – ‘The Ferryhill Flyer’ - Obituary
- More fascinating World Masters facts provided by Colin Saunders
- The early stirrings of darts in Denmark
- Robert Holmes’ young and eager PR replacement at the BDO.
- John Bonner Thompson - Obituary
- News from the Greenland Darts Association
- Causing a stir at the Lion and Firkin (Ontario)
- Can you help? The mystery of the Chester Brewery darts trophy.
- Wheelchair darts – Russ Strobel’s interview with Charis Mutschler
If you would like to receive a copy of the on-line Dr. Darts’ Newsletter (DDN) then SUBSCRIBE TODAY. It’s easy and FREEand you can do so by e-mailing Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Come and join the happy (and ever-increasing) band and learn even more about the great sport of darts.
Patrick’s new book 180! Fascinating Darts Facts published by The History Press is available now and can be ordered from www.thehistorypress.co.uk. (The book includes a history of the WINMAU World Masters.)
PLUS…His ‘masterwork’ Darts in England 1900-39: A social history, the book based on Patrick’s PhD is now available in softback (published by Manchester University Press). It costs £15.99 (plus postage and packing) and can be ordered from www.nbinternational.com.
For more articles about darts history, check out www.patrickchaplin.com.
© 2013 Patrick Chaplin